Lindie Botes is a designer, polyglot, and popular YouTuber sharing videos with her audience of over 55,000 viewers. She loves to study languages from all over the world, including Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and Hungarian.
In this interview, you'll get to know Lindie and her unique language learning story, including:
- Growing up as a third culture kid and what that means
- What language learning is like in Lindie's current home country of South Africa
"I don't think there's a single school in South Africa that teaches Japanese as a subject"
- Feeling successful in language learning
- How to embrace YouTube for everything it's giving the language learning community
- What Lindie does when she wants to get to the next level in any of her languages
- The best thing about having a YouTube channel - and the worst!
- Being real is the only way to have success when using social media for language learning
- And what is up with language bragging on YouTube?
You'll also find out how to say Lindie's name correctly, and what my surname sounds like in Japanese!
- Lindie Botes on YouTube
- How To Learn A New Language With Smart And Useful Goals by Fluent Language — Read this to understand more about how I structure goals
- Talk To Me In Korean | Learning Korean made simple and easy!