In this episode, Lindsay and Kerstin wrap up the year by reviewing a BIG crop of Words of the Year from Australia, the USA, the UK, Germany, Portugal and Japan.
We also create a Spanish version of #yolo, explain why Austria is going to Ibiza, and figure out the Portuguese nominations (even though we don't know a lot of Portuguese).
Thank you for listening to the Fluent Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please consider supporting the show by leaving a review in your podcast app or becoming a member of our Patreon.Support The Fluent Show
- Google's Year in Search - Google Trends
- 'Voice' named 2019 word of the year by Australian National Dictionary Centre | Australia news | The Guardian
- PALAVRA DO ANO
- Cambridge Dictionary’s Word of the Year 2019 – About Words – Cambridge Dictionaries Online blog
- Cancelled for sadfishing: the top 10 words of 2019 | Science | The Guardian
- The Word of the Year Is “Existential,” So Here Are Our 75 Headiest Stories
- The Spanish word of the year 2019 - Yabla Spanish - Free Spanish Lessons
- Language Stories
- From the Margins : Reviews : The Gentle Good : Ruins / Adfeilion — Welsh folk
- 2019 Wrapped