Do you dream of travelling the world and living in other countries?
Want to see it all, live everywhere, and enjoy the best every country has to offer?
In today's episode, you'll meet someone who knows how to do all that! Sara Maria Hasbun is a language-loving entrepreneur who loves to travel the world. And she's as awesome as all of that sounds! In today's episode, Sara shares her story and experiences, including recent lockdown life under Coronavirus in Beijing. It's a motivating conversation with so many facets.
Here's what you'll learn in this interview:
- What is linguistics and how does it look different in British and American universities?
- How to prepare for living in another country
- How to learn a language in country, without shouting at people in the bar
- Where to get authentic reading practice in Chinese (and any other language)
- Women in the polyglot world, and why we still hold back instead of showing our full talents
Thank you for listening to the Fluent Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please consider supporting the show by leaving a review in your podcast app or becoming a member of our Patreon community.
Do you teach online?
If you want to get more out of your teaching work, become a member of Teach & Thrive. It's your membership community for ambitious online teachers, created by me and Lindsay Williams.
Click here to try us out for $10 (use code GIMMETEN) and learn how to podcast with me in our May masterclass.
- Sara Maria's Company: Meridian Linguistics
- Skyroam WIFI Hotspot | Stay Connected
- Lonely Planet | Travel Guides & Travel Information - Lonely Planet
- WeChat - Free messaging and calling app
- 17 Tips For Language Learning on Social Media by Fluent Language
- Laptop and Lattes
- AFP 144 - Sara Maria Hasbun: From Translator to Business Owner with 3000+ freelancers
- Created for Curious Travellers | Culture Trip
- Ultimate Beastmaster | Netflix Official Site