Episode 18 was packed full of language learning news and chat with Lindsay from Lindsay does Languages, my trusty and lovely co-host. I hope you'll join us for all the debate and learning!
<img class="thumb-image" alt="cll ep 18.jpg" data-image="https://static1.squarespace.com/static/500fab79c4aa83ca4b6cacae/t/5553272de4b0bddfb1631b2d/1431512951128/cll+ep+18.jpg" data-image-dimensions="2000x2000" data-image-focal-point="0.5,0.5" data-load="false" data-image-id="5553272de4b0bddfb1631b2d" data-type="image" src="https://static1.squarespace.com/static/500fab79c4aa83ca4b6cacae/t/5553272de4b0bddfb1631b2d/1431512951128/cll+ep+18.jpg?format=1000w" />
- A truly useful and helpful definition of Polyglot by Richard Simcott
- What the Polyglot Gathering is and how it went down in Berlin in 2015
- If a language you learn really makes you think differently, and
- Whether Kerstin should make herself study more Russian or allow herself the fun of exploring a bit of Welsh
In Episode 16, I'm introducing our new co-host: Lindsay Dow from Lindsay Does Languages I’m bringing Lindsay in for more Creative Language Learning Podcast because she's just been so much fun for you to listen to.
Article of the Week
"How the Language you Speak Changes your View of the World" in the Independent
closely related Does your Language Shape how you Think? in the NY Times
Tips of the Week
Lindsay's tip of the week was tip number 1, of course because she is completely involved in the awesome Script Challenge this year. Unplug your computer, get a book from the library and write down those words.
1) Go Old Skool with handwriting
2) Use your internal thesaurus when you get stuck
3) Play video games in another language (here's a relevant article from Learn out Live)
Links for Episode 18 of the Creative Language Learning Podcast
This episode is brought to you by FlashSticks, the printed language learning post-its. Use code KERSTIN10 for 10% off.
Support the podcast with a Patreon pledge and get a lovely card from me