My guest for today's episode is somebody I met on a brand new app! No, it's not a dating app. It is the new social media app called Clubhouse.
There's a huge global audience of people on Clubhouse and you can join in, listen in and sometimes even speak hundreds of languages, including the language that we're focusing today: Twi!
Twi is spoken in Ghana, and my expert guest Afua Abrafi has been teaching it for many years. She was born in Ghana herself, and is passionate about helping the African diaspora learn African languages. In today's podcast, Afua shares why she is so passionate about languages, how she became fluent in Dutch in a very short time, and what led her to start teaching the Twi language to people around the world.
Where do you listen?
Take a photo of where you're listening to the Fluent Show and share it on social media to say hello! Here's where you can tag me:
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thefluentshow
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/kerstin_fluent/ and #thefluentshow
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fluentlanguage
Thank you to my guest Afua for this episode introduction.Support The Fluent Show
- Twi language, alphabet and pronunciation
- Explore African Language - Clubhouse
- Home - Speak Twi
- Becca - African Woman [Official Video] - YouTube
- Daddy Lumba - Aben Wo Aha (Audio Slide) - YouTube
- Ghana - The World Factbook
- The Ghanaian Language School
- The Fluent Show: Bilingual Podcast! The Biggest African Languages / Les Plus Grandes Langues d'Afrique [with Khady Ndoye]
- twi : Wikitongues.org — Samples of twi recorded by volunteers for Wikitongues