content warning for one mild reference to explicit images at about 24 minutes
In this episode I'm joined by my friend Bec Howie, a passionate language lover from Australia. Bec and I chat about how languages have made a difference in our lives. You think of them as a hobby, but we've found that learning a language has..
- changed our career paths
- given us amazing new options
- helped us find love
- made us more confident
Listen in for a massive boost of motivation!
Plus: The Fluent Show's FINAL Episode
The next episode, number 240, is pretty special... because 😰 it is going to be the final episode of the Fluent Show. This podcast I have created and hosted for 9 years is coming to an end.
I’m going to miss you all so much, your feedback, your voices when you send in intros, questions, and your long and short emails that you sent me to share what you thought about the new episodes.
During the 9 years of running the Fluent Show, I have grown as a person, a podcaster, and a language professional. I’ve learnt so much, and there have been hundreds of wonderful guests. While this will be the final Fluent Show episode, I am not going to tell you it’s forever.** Please make sure you stay subscribed on this feed for further news.**
YOUR TURN: I want to hear from you!
I want YOUR voices, your stories, your feedback on the last episode! You can send me anything, but especially your Fluent Show memories.
Which episodes stood out to you?
Have you made friends who are listeners too?
How did you discover the show?
What’s the weirdest place you’ve ever listened?
I want to know it all!!!
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thefluentshow
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/kerstin_fluent/ and #thefluentshow
- Email me (ideally WITH audio!!) at email@example.com and I will be so delighted to add your story to our extra special episode 240.
- 3 Lessons Podcasting Has Taught Me About Life and Languages by Fluent Language
- Map of Indigenous Australia | AIATSIS
- Do you know whose country you're on? - ABC News
- Language Chats Podcast — Language Lovers AU — Hear Bec and Penny's language obsessed podcast!
- Karla Zuluaga | LinkedIn — Our friend who learns and advocates for indigenous languages in Australia
- Podcasts for Language Lovers | Podcast List on Podchaser
- The Fluent Show: Words of the Year 2021
- Dead cat strategy - Wikipedia
- The Fluent Show: Words of the Year 2020
- Zeitenwende—The Dawn of the Deterrence Era in Germany | Strengthening Transatlantic Cooperation — Early word of the year candidate