In today's episode, you will hear from Jason Levine, the Fluency MC - one of the most creative and unusual language teachers out there. Jason has brought his passion for HipHop and rap into language teaching and now uses his skills in English teaching through a bunch of excellent rap songs.
Fluency MC and I will be talking about
What the science of collos is all about and how they can help you learn a language more easily
What learning your times tables in Maths has to do with success in language learning
Why many adult learners are WRONG about their own progress and repetition
How Fluency MC aims to make studying fun rather than making HipHop really simple
Plus, there's a freestyle rendition of his storytelling song "Get a Life", which featured as a lyrical contribution to our collaborative storybook Learn Natural English through Storytelling: 8 Stories for Intermediate and Advanced Learners.
Some Useful Links about ELT with HipHop
- Collo and Spark, online home of Fluency MC
- Fluency MC Fanclub on Facebook
- ESLHipHop.com, a killer blog about the topic
- Priming in Language Learning on the Fluent Blog
- Stick Stuck Stuck, the song out on mp3 soon
- Learn Natural English through Storytelling on Amazon