Rebecca from New York asked
Can you talk about how to set up a reasonable weekly schedule for language learning?
In this show, I've got five simple steps for you that will help you plan a successful week in language learning. I'll talk about setting goals, managing your energy, analysing your calendar, and matching your activity to your strengths.
A reasonable schedule for learning languages is one that doesn’t make you groan, but isn’t empty either.
Here's what matters most:
- prefer regular to all-in-one
- Ensure you speak, read, listen, write
- Have at least one big session, preferably more than one
- Review after a few weeks
- 5 Steps for Planning a Productive and Successful Language Learning Week by Fluent Language
- Your Intuition is Wrong about Learning Languages by Fluent Language — In this episode, Lindsay and I discussed the psychology of rewards in language learning
- Conversation Countdown by Benny Lewis: Can You Start Any Language In A Week? by Fluent Language — One way of having an intense weekly schedule is to follow a 7 day boost like this one.
- The Language Habit Toolkit | Fluent Language