Happy New Year! 🎇
In this episode, I hung out with friend of the podcast Shannon Kennedy to talk about saying goodbye to an old year and welcoming a new one.
Shannon is an accomplished language learner who's studied over 10 languages including French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Italian, and Russian. Her year has always been about languages, and with her recent move to work with language app Drops, she even chose to add more languages.
Here are the year review questions we discussed. You can use them to conduct your own review of 2018 and set goals for the next year.
- How would you sum up the year in your languages?
- What changed in your life and in your languages in 2018?
- What lessons do you think you learnt from the year 2018?
- What surprised you?
- What will you change going forward?
- Looking forward, what are your language learning goals for 2019?
Shannon's top 3 books of 2018
Shannon's top 3 apps of 2018
Shannon's top 3 courses
Don't forget that Women in Language is back in March 2019!! Join us to experience this amazing 4-day conference live.
Support This Podcast
Like all podcasts, the Fluent Show is supported by your online reviews and word of mouth.
If you liked this episode, please tell someone about it. Click here to tweet about the show, go to your Podcasts app and leave us a review, or simply text a friend about the Fluent Show. Thank you!Support The Fluent Show
- The Language Habit Toolkit [Bonus Edition] | Fluent Language
- How To Learn A New Language With Smart And Useful Goals by Fluent Language — Introduction to Vision and Path Goals
- Can You Decide Which Languages To Kick Off Your To-Learn List? by Fluent Language
- Mynd am beint gyda PILOT EPISODE.... Kerstin Cable (fluentlanguage.co.uk) - YouTube — I speak some Welsh to Nicky Roberts, who's *hyfryd* (lovely)
- Languagedrops – Medium
- The Fluent Show: "You assume they don't have chick lit in Polish" — All about reading