Alessia, 17 from Verona asks:
How to switch quickly from a language to another? Is it just a question of practice?
The short answer is that yes, there’s a huge element of practice involved. Sorry, no one likes to hear that there isn’t a secret shortcut!
But that doesn’t mean we can’t look into a few ways to practice that could help you get more comfortable and process language faster. Listen in to hear my tips and ideas for switching as efficiently as possible.
Thank you to Rebecca from Irregular Endings for this episode introduction.
Support This Podcast
Like all podcasts, the Fluent Show is supported by your online reviews and word of mouth.
If you liked this episode, please tell someone about it. Click here to tweet about the show, go to your Podcasts app and leave us a review, or simply text a friend about the Fluent Show. Thank you!Support The Fluent Show
- Study Shows How Bilinguals Switch Between Languages – Association for Psychological Science
- Multidisciplinary Approaches to Code Switching | Edited by Ludmila Isurin, Donald Winford and Kees de Bot
- Multidisciplinary Approaches to Code Switching - Google Books
- Going in and out of languages: Article by François Grosjean and Joanne L. Miller, 1994
- The Language Habit Toolkit — The All-in-One System For Meeting Your Goals in Language Learning