What's it like to realise you're getting good at the language you're learning?
Where do you go when you don't need handholding anymore?
In today's episode, I'm talking to Nicole Miles, an advanced level French learner preparing for her C1 exam this year. Her language learning story is all about how she made it work as an adult learner with a positive attitude.
If you wonder about advanced level study, the kinds of questions that come up when you’re like "OMG I’m good at this", and moving towards taking on your next foreign language, then our interview will answer so many questions.
If you're at the start of your language learning journey and wondering how you'll ever get anywhere, then Nicole's got tips that you need to hear - especially you introverts out there!
Here's what's in store in our podcast
- Hear why and how Nicole learnt more French in one year of solo study than in all her school years
- Discover what helped her find the best italki tutors and make more out of her sessions
- Hear about what the controversy around one small book title can do for one learner's motivation
- Learn a language learning trick we call the language role model to tap into a version of yourself in your target language
- Join me to wish Nicole all the best for her upcoming language exam languages she's planning to study next...and how!
Support This Podcast
Like all podcasts, the Fluent Show is supported by your online reviews and word of mouth.
If you liked this episode, please tell someone about it. Click here to tweet about the show, go to your Podcasts app and leave us a review, or simply text a friend about the Fluent Show. Thank you!Support The Fluent Show
- Language Coaching with Kerstin Cable
- italki - the place to find online tutors in any language — With a special offer for all new italki learners
- Episode 40 - Reni Eddo-Lodge - 🇬🇧 La Poudre podcast
- Lettre à un otage - Classico Collège - Belin Gallimard - Site Gallimard
- Et pourquoi pas Coline ? - blog feelgood
- Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race: Reni Eddo-Lodge in conversation