Free gift with today's podcast: Sign up here for free affirmation cards to print & save
Do any of these sound familiar?
"I'm just not where I should be in languages, somehow everyone else seems to make better progress than me."
"I don't have a talent for languages."
"I don't know if I'm learning languages in the right way."
"I struggle to remember things and my language skill just isn't coming along."
Like a narrative, a mindset is the mental filter you add to everything that happens in your life.
In today's episode, we explore how you can
- Change the script on your doubts so that they become encouraging ideas
- Work with a growth mindset to use psychology to support yourself in language learning
- Develop a successful mantra to help you get over a moment when you're stuck
Plus, we've got woo-woo affirmations and the new and improved version of the CEFR: the Bambi scale.
Support This Podcast
Like all podcasts, the Fluent Show needs you!!
If you liked this episode, please tell someone about it. Click here to tweet about the show, go to your Podcasts app and leave us a review, or simply text a friend about the Fluent Show. Thank you!
- The Fluent Show: Help! Frustration And Mental Blocks Are Destroying My Confidence!
- New test for ‘growth mindset’, the theory that anyone who tries can succeed | Education | The Guardian
- Labeling students 'gifted' isn't helpful - working harder makes you smarter | Teacher Network | The Guardian
- Developing a Growth Mindset with Carol Dweck - YouTube
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance — on amazon.com
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success — on amazon.com
- Lindsay's Ultimate List of Language Learning Resources
- #clearthelist August 2019: How I Keep Motivation for Learning Languages by Fluent Language
- Carol Dweck: The power of believing that you can improve | TED Talk
- the limit does not exist mean girls at DuckDuckGo
- Mean Girls - "The limit does not exist!" - YouTube
- The Fluent Show: My Language Learning Secrets!!
- Louise Hay - Official Website of Author Louise Hay