Shannon Kennedy is back!! It's been a whole year since we recorded our review of 2019 and this year it's time to do "the same procedure", if you get my Dinner for One reference.
Shannon is an accomplished language learner who's studied 13 languages including French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Italian, German, Hungarian, and Russian. She's also co-host of Language League, a language learning membership programme I co-host with her and Lindsay Williams. In this podcast we talked about music and motherhood, the power of saying no, and having languages as a natural part of your life.
Here are the year review questions we discussed. You can use them to conduct your own review of 2019 and set goals for the next year.
- How would you sum up the year in your languages?
- What changed in your life and in your languages in 2019?
- What lessons do you think you learnt from the year 2019?
- What surprised you?
- What will you change going forward?
- Looking forward, what are your language learning goals for 2020?
Shannon's top 3 books of 2019
Shannon's top 3 apps of 2019
Hot contender: Pimsleur
Shannon's top 3 courses
- Fluent in 3 Months Challenge
- German Uncovered
- Language League, the membership community for language learners
Thank you for listening to the Fluent Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please consider supporting the show by leaving a review in your podcast app or becoming a member of our Patreon communitySupport The Fluent Show