Hot Potato News: Scottish Gaelic
Learn about the true pronunciation of this language's name, and why it's important to get it right.
Where and How to Start Teaching Online
It’s a great time to start offering online lessons because
- Life has just moved online
- Your school or in-person tutoring may just have been cancelled
- You can connect with people around the world, and right now that’s even more rewarding and exciting than usual
In fact, any time is a great time because working as an online language teacher
- Allows you to work location independently - as long as you can use your computer and have safe wifi, you’re ready to go
- You’re independent to work the hours that suit YOU
- Is a great stepping stone and teaches you endless things about being a good leader
If all that sounds like your kind of party, then listen to this week's episode in detail for 5 killer questions that will help you think about online teaching in a professional way.
Recommended Teaching Resources
I have 3 offers that will support you even further as you build an online teaching income:
- Online Live Lessons course - if you’re brand new, this is a good starting point and covers all the basics of where to teach, how to do contracts and get paid
- The Email Set for Teachers - nail every step of the booking process so you can weed out the time wasters and get paid securely
- Teach & Thrive - this is a membership community with monthly masterclasses for online teachers. Get the first month of your membership for a $10 trial price
Thank you to Gosia for this episode's introduction in Polish.Support The Fluent Show
- The Email Set for Teachers: Book Students Automatically
- Live Lesson Strategies for Online Teachers and Tutors
- Evernote — My friend referral link (not affiliate)
- Zoom Online Calls & Video Conferencing
- Infographic: How to Calculate Your Freelance Hourly Rate — One of the 1000 freelance rate guides - listen to the episode to find out what else is important to consider.
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language: Amazon.co.uk: David Crystal: 9781108437738: Books
- ben crystal — "Ginger man speaking Shakespearean is my jam"