You say "either" and I say "either"
You say "neither" I say "neither"
"Either" "either", "neither" "neither"
Let's call the whole thing off
George & Ira Gershwin
This week on the Fluent Show, I'm answering a listener question about accents.
- What is an accent?
- Can your accent change even though you're not trying?
- Is it possible to learn a different accent?
- Can you get an accent by listening to podcasts? ...and more mysteries!
Listen to the episode to hear my answers to these questions and find out why my approach when speaking a foreign language is like this:
DO learn pronunciation (IPA if you like)
DON’T worry about your accent
Thank you to Antonio for this episode introduction.
Thank you for listening to the Fluent Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please consider supporting the show by leaving a review in your podcast app or becoming a member of our Patreon community
Do you teach online? Want to start teaching?
Come and join me at the Teach & Thrive Summit this week to learn how to go from a few lessons to a successful small teaching business.
- Teach & Thrive Summit 2020 — Get your ticket in time for 24 June
- Ask-A-Linguist: What is an Accent? – The LINGUIST List
- LINGUIST List Home Page about Accents
- Lingthusiasm • Lingthusiasm Episode 12: Sounds you can’t hear -...
- The Fluent Show | Patreon
- Language and Identities - Google Books
- You Say Potato : A Book About Accents: Ben Crystal: 9781447276661: hive.co.uk
- The Fluent Show: A Statement About Racism
- Show Racism the Red Card
- Home - Black Lives Matter
- The Fluent Show: "French is Romantic, Arabic Is Aggressive"...Does Culture Stop Us from Learning Languages?