Language Dabbling Advice, the Scots Wikipedia Shocker..and Adele's 🇯🇲 Bikini
September 28th, 2020
1 hr 3 mins 11 secs
About this Episode
We're exploring the hottest of hot potatoes in this episode by discovering the scandal, the drama, the shock of what happened over on Scots Wikipedia. And once everyone's calmed down, Lindsay's on hand to help discover the many different benefits of having a dabble instead of always getting super serious about learning a language.
It's always fun to learn a language, no matter if you're in a 10-year epic journey...or you are language Lou Bega.
Thank you for listening to the Fluent Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please consider supporting the show by leaving a review in your podcast app or becoming a member of our Patreon community
- Language Stories
- I’ve discovered that almost every single article on the Scots version of Wikipedia is written by the same person - an American teenager who can’t speak Scots : Scotland
- Robyn Speer on Twitter: "Almost every article on Scots Wikipedia is written by one American teenager, who does not speak Scots and is just writing English in an "accent". If you have a multilingual language model, this fakery might be your _entire training data_ for Scots https://t.co/Rc1wkA0S2P" / Twitter
- Adele Carnival Bikini Pic Sparks Backlash
- The Language Dabbler's Guide to Welsh | Fluent Language
- Language Habit Toolkit — The Language Habit Toolkit - join now to take part in our October 2020 live round with lots of extra training and fun new activities