What 2020 Taught Us About Languages (with Shannon Kennedy)
January 25th, 2021
55 mins 35 secs
About this Episode
A new year fireside chat with Shannon Kennedy! We have been recording these for a few years now and with 2020, what a year to review. This is Shannon's personal review of the year, and you can use the following questions to conduct your own review and set goals for the next year.
- How would you sum up the year in your languages?
- What changed in your life and in your languages in 2020?
- What lessons do you think you learnt from the year 2020?
- What surprised you?
- What will you change going forward?
- Looking forward, what are your language learning goals for 2021?
Shannon's top 3 books of 2020
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- Homo Deus by Yuval Noah Harari
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
Shannon also mentioned Atomic Habits by James Clear
Shannon's top 4 apps of 2020
This is for language learning and not-language-learning.
- Todoist for task management
- Notion for study note management
- Drops and Memrise for language learning
Thank you for listening to the Fluent Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please consider supporting the show by leaving a review in your podcast app or becoming a member of our Patreon community