Teaching Qualifications - yay or nay? with Aubrey Carter
April 26th, 2021
1 hr 8 mins 11 secs
About this Episode
Today's guest is Aubrey Carter, experienced ESL teacher, holder of an MA TESOL and a 3 Keys IELTS Certification.
Aubrey's been a professional ESL teacher for 20 years and has taught in classrooms in New York and Montréal before taking up online teaching as part of the team at All Ears English.
In our podcast conversation, you'll hear more about
- how Aubrey became an English teacher through the New York City Teaching Fellows programme
- why online teaching the English language is so different from other types of teaching
- whether you need to make sure you have qualifications for online teaching or not
- why starting a business isn't for everyone
- how Aubrey keeps her 1:1 lessons interesting and fresh every time
- how to create an online course that stands out above all others.
I was inspired by Aubrey in so many ways and I'm excited for you to meet her today.
Love the show? Rate & Review it here
Ever thought about creating your OWN podcast?
My brand new masterclass Podcasting 101 is going live on 15 May and you can book your super early place on it here. Next time your mate mentions "we should do a podcast together"? This training is where you go!
- IELTS Energy 933: 3 Study Tips with Kerstin Cable of The Fluent Show | All Ears English Podcast — Listen to my visit to the IELTS energy podcast
- Home | Teach For America
- New York City Teaching Fellows | NYC Teaching Fellows