Welcome to episode 213 of the Fluent Show. Yes, that's a pretty high number! I've been a podcaster for 7+ years now, and in this episode I look back on why I believe podcasting is wonderful, and what it has taught me about life and languages.
I'll be focusing on 3 lessons:
Consistent improvements and the joy of curiosity
Podcast creation isn't about cranking out perfection. It's about having fun and capturing fun just by being yourself. Just like languages, the magic is actually in the journey and not the result.
Teamwork, trusting, and daring
If you have a vision, you're allowed to be into it and to truly pursue the goal that you are aiming for. You are not on a schedule. You can just dare to go for it, just like that.
Being myself, speaking like me, and learning how to communicate well
Over the years, podcasting has taught me how to become more comfortable with the sound of my voice and the way I express myself. In conversations, I have learnt invaluable skills about listening, prompting good answers, and supporting my conversation partner.
Do you want to become a podcaster too?
My wider goal this week is to open you up to an idea - could you start a podcast?
A little one? Maybe a big one? Maybe for your business, your project, for other language learners, for your students if you teach? Podcasting is a wonderful creative medium, and it makes bloody good business sense too!
If you want to learn more about podcasting and get step-by-step guidance on how to start your own successful podcast, join my Podcasting 101 Masterclass on May 15.
It's perfect for you
- You’re in the beginning stages of starting a podcast and need a clear roadmap to get you to success
- You’ve started a podcast, but now you need tips and trade secrets to polish it up and make it shine
- You’re interested, but also worried it will be way too much work and you want a system that allows you to publish weekly . . . *easily*
- You’re looking for a simple and flexible way to plan out content so you always know what’s coming next
- You’re unsure of your voice (or message) and want to express yourself confidently
- You want to expand your reach and turn listeners into customers who cannot wait to pay you and work with you
Learn more and book your spot at www.fluentlanguage.co.uk
Thank you to Heidi for this episode introduction.
Where do you listen?
Take a photo of where you're listening to the Fluent Show and share it on social media to say hello! Here's where you can tag me:
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thefluentshow
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/kerstin_fluent/ and #thefluentshow
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fluentlanguage