Many cultural highlights were lost in 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic. One that's particularly close to our hearts here at the Fluent Show was the Eurovision Song Contest.
One year on, the event is back ON and Lindsay and I meet to bring you a colourful podcast episode celebrating all the magical things about the Eurovision Song Contest.
1) The history of Eurovision and of singing non-English songs
2) A preview of what's on this year
3) What we love about Eurovision - from a language learner's perspective and a wider perspective
4) Ideas for using Eurovision as a talking point for lessons/exchanges
5) Our Fluent Show Eurovision QUIZ
--> See you at #EuroLangParty on Twitter!
Where do you listen?
Take a photo of where you're listening to the Fluent Show and share it on social media to say hello! Here's where you can tag me:
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thefluentshow
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/kerstin_fluent/ and #thefluentshow
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fluentlanguage
- Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga | Netflix Official Site
- The Fluent Show: Why is it so Hard to Find Pop Music in Other Languages?
- The Fluent Show: Is "Natural Language Learning" even a thing?
- Eurovision Song Contest
- What is the Eurovision Song Contest? - CBBC Newsround
- Eurovision Song Contest - Wikipedia
- Eurovision is letting language learners down by Fluent Language — Kerstin had opinions about Eurovision and languages 8 years ago too
- How English is the Eurovision Song Contest? | Eurovision | The Guardian
- 'Parlez-vous "Eurovision"?': Language and Lyrics at Eurovision 2021
- How it works - Eurovision Song Contest
- 27 MEMORABLE EUROVISION MOMENTS - YouTube
- Verka Serduchka - Ukraine - Helsinki 2007 - Eurovision Song Contest
- Donatan & Cleo - My Słowianie - We Are Slavic (Poland) 2014 LIVE Eurovision Grand Final - Eurovision Song Contest