This week, we discussed two topics:
Topic 1: Teaching Methods!
After watching a few episodes of Welsh reality TV Welsh learning celebrity knees-up cariad@iaith, we decided to pick up on their 3 big methods for teaching languages and explain what they mean and who they work for. These are immersion, TPR, "communication" and story time a.k.a. the "input method".
- What is natural language learning and why does everyone lay claim to it?
- Which teaching methods work in our opinion? How do we teach?
- Which methods would we like to see from other teachers, which innovative methods benefit learners?
Listen in to find out more.
Topic 2: Polyglot 2020
It's time to plan your events for the year! We share what's new with Women in Language, the Polyglot Cruise, the Cholula party, and the Edinburgh Language Event.
Thank you for listening to the Fluent Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please consider supporting the show by leaving a review in your podcast app or becoming a member of our Patreon community.Support The Fluent Show
- Science Stuff: The Action-Oriented Approach by Teach Languages Online • A podcast on Anchor
- Total physical response - TPR | TeachingEnglish | British Council | BBC
- Second Language Acquisition - Rod Ellis - Google Books
- Polyglot Gathering 2020
- 16: Umzug nach Deutschland - The Easy German Podcast
- Asking Kerstin Cable About Her Online Teacher Marketing by Teach Languages Online • A podcast on Anchor
- Cariadatiaith | S4C
- Polyglot Conference
- Polyglot Cruise 2020 — Sail around the Mediterranean and practice 5 languages with us! [affiliate link]
- Learn German with fitness exercises - burn&learn