NEW PATREON LEVEL!!
The patron benefits for the $2 level are access to the patron-exclusive feed with added posts, early access, and bonus clips.
You can ALWAYS upgrade or downgrade your tier and you'll never lose access to the patron-only messages. The show is free for all, and your support is valued no matter what.
If you think reading in another language is all about boring dialogues in dusty old books, think again!
This podcast episode will bring the magic of learning by reading right into the palm of your hand. Mobile phones can do everything in this world, so they can also help you learn languages...but not with boring apps and flashcards...why not try a hot romance novel or a thrilling action story instead?
Reading on your mobile
This week's listener question is from Dam, who asks for the best apps to read novels on your phone - even offline!
Here are my top apps - find the links in the shownotes
- Lingq, our fantastic sponsor!! -> Start for free, get 35% off right here
- Teach Yourself Library
- Kindle and also Handoff with Audible
- Beelinguapp for parallel texts
I'm also sharing tips for reading more by using the news, and for working out which content is perfect for you.
Survey Results & Fluent Show News
In the second half of the episode, I dedicated some time to telling you what's new with the Fluent Show. Listen in to find out
- more about you, the listeners and which languages you're learning
- a few thoughts about why I want to keep improving this podcast
- the tradeoffs...let's find the time and money to make it happen!
Thank you to Leah for this episode introduction.
Thank you for listening to the Fluent Show! If you enjoyed this episode, please consider supporting the show by leaving a review in your podcast app or becoming a member of our Patreon communitySupport The Fluent Show
- How to add and remove dictionaries on iPhone and iPad | iMore
- Audible — This referral link gets you a free audiobook to try and keep 🙂
- Bluefire Reader on the App Store
- Teach Yourself
- Language League!!
- Facebook Fluent Language Learners — Discuss the show with other listeners in our group
- Libby, by OverDrive - an app for library ebooks and audiobooks
- Beelinguapp: Learn Languages with Audiobooks and Music
- Bluefire Reader
- Polyglot Judith Meyer erzählt vom Bundeswettbewerb Fremds...
- Search the WHOLE Fluent Show Archive — Hooray!