"I never drop anything entirely. It's always still there in the background."
In today's episode, I have brought on my very own language teacher! Dafydd Morse is a Welsh-Maths-Baking-Everything tutor and learning enthusiast from Wales.
We'll chat about
- Dafydd's own background growing up bilingually in Wales
- Why it's important to Dafydd to pass on the Welsh language to his own children
- Daf's love of learning and the one language he tried that didn't work out at all
- What types of Welsh learners there are, and how you can become successful as a learner of any language
You've been asking for a bilingual Welsh episode, and finally here it is!
I took the opportunity to ask Dafydd a few questions in Welsh in this episode. You will hear him reply in Welsh and conduct the conversation like that for a few minutes. I summarize in English afterwards. If you are not a Welsh learner, don't worry as we'll always switch back to English.
Here I always like to remember what the late Ron Gullekson from Language Surfer told me: "in a new language, I like to get uncomfortable as early as possible." So enjoy the challenge and enjoy the practice!
Where do you listen?
Take a photo of where you're listening to the Fluent Show and share it on social media to say hello! Here's where you can tag me:
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/thefluentshow
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/kerstin_fluent/ and #thefluentshow
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fluentlanguage
Thank you to Popi for this episode introduction.
- Daf's Instagram — Learn baking from the highlights! 🍞
- Dafydd Morse - YouTube
- The untranslatable word that connects Wales - BBC Travel
- Fluent Language Mastermind — My new mastermind is a growth programme for dedicated language learners - check it out and apply now!
- Learn Welsh online with Dafydd on italki
- Learn Welsh with this course for language dabblers