In The News This Week
A deaf woman wanted to attend a pop concert with her young daughter, but had to fight and even sue the company until she was granted a sign language interpreter. Is this fair?
We discuss what 'disability' is, how sign language is very different from other languages in music, and how awesome it is to have interpreter companies in this world.
Make sure you watch the great video showing how signers interpret music.
How to Learn Several Languages at Once
Our show topic this week is all about learning more than one language at the same time. It’s the polyglot dream! Many people, especially polyglots, want to learn as many languages as possible.
But is there enough time?
How the heck do we fit it in?
We discuss advice from polyglots around the internet and compare it with our own life experiences to get to the ultimate tips for learning multiple languages.
- Our New Twitter Account ⭐️ 🎊 📣 — WOOOOO The Creative Language Learning Podcast is now the Fluent Show, and here is our new Twitter account.
- Learning Multiple Languages Simultaneously - LDLanguages
- Learning Languages at Intermediate Level: My Language Goals, Routine, and Progress in Detail by Kerstin — Kerstin describing her Welsh & French routine with "French Thursday"
- Learning Multiple Languages At Once: Great Idea or Waste of Time? — Article on Actual Fluency
- Can you learn more than one language at the same time? — Polyglot Club article from Luca Lampariello
- How to speak multiple languages without mixing them up - Fluent in 3 months - Language Hacking and Travel Tips
- Learning Multiple Languages At The Same Time — This one is from Mezzofanti Guild
- Deaf mum sues Little Mix promoter in sign language row - BBC News
- Bywyd Blodwen Jones (Welsh Edition) — Easy reader for Welsh learners by the brilliant Bethan Gwanas
- Women In Language Tickets are OUT NOW — Our online event designed to champion, celebrate, and amplify the voices of women in language learning
- The Book That Will Change How You See Language Learning (+ Clever Notes & Action Plan FREE) by Fluent Language — Book Review of "Becoming Fluent"