It's the European Day of Languages! Yay!
Here on the show, we love to celebrate this day. 3 years ago, Lindsay and I got together to bring you a HUGE quiz, we’ve made videos, we’ve spoken lots of European languages. We even have a European Day of Languages playlist on Spotify!
And today, this special episode will bring you a quiz with a twist and you can play along.
How To Play
- Before recording this show, Lindsay and I enrolled an assistant, Josiah who selected a list of 10 European languages for each of us
- We went away and researched those languages and also found out what they sound like
- So Lindsay has 10 and I have 10 and we don’t know each others’ lists
- We’ll now play these languages to each other and to you listeners…and try to guess what they are!
Europe doesn’t just have the obvious languages, so this might get tricky but we’re ready to give it a good go!
Get Language Facts And Resources
These show notes do NOT include the links for all the different languages mentioned on the show, because that would be spoiling the quiz for you.
If you'd like to get a copy of the notes, simply click here to join the Fluent Language Newsletter. Once you join, I'll send you a password with access to my special membership area on the website where you can download the full show notes document.
Help Us Spread The Word
Love The Fluent Show?
If you have a second, a review on Apple Music or in your Podcasts app would be VERY appreciated. Or you can mention us on Instagram (#thefluentshow), Twitter @thefluentshow, or to your language learning buddy!
- Podcast Episode 43: Language is Everything: Talking Language Activism with Wikitongues by Fluent Language — Lindsay's podcast interview with non-profit language diversity heroes from Wikitongues
- Omniglot - the online encyclopedia of writing systems and languages
- Learn Montenegrin - YouTube
- European Day of Languages > Home — The official European Day of Languages listing events everywhere
- Spotify Web Player - #EDLangPodcast Playlist - Lindsay Williams
- Take Our European Day of Languages Quiz (Podcast Episode 50) by Fluent Language
- Rebecca : Daphne du Maurier : 9781844080380
- Episode 37: The Secret Languages of Great Britain (with an expert from Omniglot) by Fluent Language
- German Retreat in Trier