Welcome to episode 242, introducing a very special guest. I'm pretty excited for this interview with my friend Josh Goldsmith from techforword. Josh is a super impressive person: UN and EU interpreter, successful entrepreneur, and an all-round sunny soul.
In this episode, you'll learn about
- Interpreting - what's it like and how do you get the good jobs?
- Tech for Languages - why does it change the game for language learners...and what to remember if you're scared it'll be hard to use
- Artificial intelligence! - will the robot butlers become our future language tutors?
But best of all, Josh is my partner for a brand new language learning project! We're calling it AI Language Club, and starting next month we will start bringing you the freshest ideas and experiments so YOU can use new AI tools to help you learn languages faster.
We would LOVE to have you join us in AI Language Club, our project that aims to make language learning fun and engaging by exploring different AI tools. Join the waitlist at www.ailanguageclub.com
"Technology helps us do our jobs better, be more efficient, be more accurate, and it's also a lot of fun." (Josh)
by the way..
This interview marks the start of a new era in the Fluent Show...maintenance mode! How do you like it? Want to send feedback? I always love hearing from you at email@example.com or Instagram: http://instagram.com/kerstin_fluent/. If you like, use #thefluentshow for your post!
- AI Language Club — Our joint project bringing you the freshest ideas and tutorials for language learning with the help of AI 🤖
- The Fluent Show: Living the Dream! Get Paid to Learn Languages (with Paul Kaye, EU Language Officer)
- Language Habit System & Free Training
- The Fluent Show: Bilingual Episode (German and English): Discovering ELF 🧝🏼 and EU Interpreting 🇪🇺 with Karin Reithofer — more about the way English is used in international environments
- 6 Tips to Study for the European Union’s Interpreting Accreditation Test — techforword — (affiliate link)
- Using the UN Digital Repository for interpreting practice — techforword — Blog post by Josh about preparing for UN Interpreting Work (affiliate link)