Learning a language gives you a huge career advantage over others who don't have a language. One example is working for the EU, one of the world's largest international organisations.
But could the EU be for you?
My guest for today’s episode is Paul Kaye, language officer of the European Commission's representation in London.
Get Paid For Your Languages
Paul is the European Commission's language officer in the UK, so he was my top person to ask about the secrets of working there. Listen in and learn how Paul became a translator, and his answers to these questions:
- How can we make languages SEXY as a career choice?
- What kind of personality type do most translators have? (and why Kerstin is NOT an ideal candidate)
- Do you have to be bilingual to work as a translator in the EU?
- How do you get a job as an EU translator?
- What does the EU do to contribute to language diversity?
Plus, halfway through the episode Paul went ahead and surprised me with a quiz about the EU's official languages, which is just THE BEST.
Support This Podcast
Like all podcasts, the Fluent Show is supported by your online reviews and word of mouth.
If you liked this episode, please tell someone about it. Click here to tweet about the show, go to your Podcasts app and leave us a review, or simply text a friend about the Fluent Show. Thank you!Support The Fluent Show