Do you speak Sindarin?
In this episode, Lindsay and I went full-on nerd and we were loving it! The world of fictional languages is richer than a London billionaire, and we have researched and collected the most awesome fictional languages for you to learn about.
In this episode, you'll hear the new Good, Bad and Struggling followed by the Ultimate Fictional Languages Chart. Here in the shownotes, you'll see our Top 5 and the best of all links available so you can follow along and listen to the show.
Our Top 5 Fictional Languages
- Nadsat/ Newspeak
Dothraki, High Valyrian and Game of Thrones
Elvish, Quenya and Tolkien
- The Elvish Linguistic Fellowship
- The J.R.R. Tolkien Audio Collection
- A free Quenya course from Norway
- J.R.R. Tolkien Reads (A Poem In Elvish)
- The Ring Verse read in Black Speech
Klingon and Vulcan
- Youtube clip of Mark Okrand talking about how he developed Klingon of him describing the development).
- The Klingon Language Institute
- The Klingon copyright case in 2016
- Klingon teacher on Youtube: Lesson 1
- Klingon phrasebook for your intergalactic needs
- A little Simlish phrasebook
- 15 Songs You Didn't Know Were Recorded in Simlish
- Fun - We Are Young in Simlish
Newspeak in 1984
Nadsat in A Clockwork Orange
Other Links and Resources From This Episode
- Do Canadians Say Autumn or Fall?
- 6 Fictional Languages You Can Actually Learn
- Invented Languages - Opinion Piece on Eurolinguiste