I really want to say "this goes without saying" about many of the things I'm saying to you today. But maybe it does not.
Racism is not welcome here.
Thank you for listening to today's episode.
And as maker of the Fluent Show, I can also tell you that every person who works on the team stands behind this message. Please read Lindsay's very well-written perspective here.
Here are 4 wonderful Fluent Show guests who have represented the voices of black language learners.
Please read more about them and how impressive they are. There are TWO bilingual interviews in here:
👍🏾 https://www.fluent.show/guests/nicole - Nicole Miles
👍🏿 https://www.fluent.show/guests/khady - Khady Ndoye (bilingual episode French/English)
👍🏽 https://www.fluent.show/guests/shahidah - Ann Shahidah (bilingual episode German/English)
👍🏼 https://www.fluent.show/guests/chenelle Chenelle Patrice Hancock
I'm proud that they came and spent time with me on the show. I know my work isn't done and I'll continue to make it a priority to invite guests from ALL backgrounds.
How to get in touch:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- or use the chatbox in the corner at www.fluentlanguage.co.uk
- Rachel Elizabeth Cargle (@rachel.cargle) • Instagram photos and videos
- Igbo Podcast
- Spanish Con Salsa
- Let's Talk About Racism. - Lindsay Does Languages
- Black Girls Learn Languages
- KIFFE TA RACE « Tu viens d’où ? » - YouTube
- Looking back on the protests that have shaken America | News | The Guardian
- The killing of Ahmaud Arbery | News | The Guardian
- The Fluent Show: Bilingual Podcast! The Biggest African Languages / Les Plus Grandes Langues d'Afrique [with Khady Ndoye]
- The Fluent Show: The Best You In Another Language (with Nicole Miles)
- The Fluent Show: Shahidah Foster on Black Girls Learn Languages (bilingual podcast in German and English)
- Chenelle’s language learning journey podcast. • A podcast on Anchor
- The Fluent Show: If Language is On Fire, Who Puts it Out? (with Alexa Little from 7000 Languages 👩🏼🚒)
- The Fluent Show: Indigenous Languages Explained (and the Real Meaning of No Woman, No Cry)
- How To Be an Anti-Racist Reader
- Lingthusiasm • Linguistics is not just for white people....
- Speaking Tongues Podcast